Cooper got to visit Grandma and Grandpa Gale and Great Grandma and Grandpa Gale last weekend. We had a great trip. The normally 7 hour trip to Colorado took us 9 or 10 hours, but we made it. Cooper really likes the car, thankfully, but he had had enough by the last hour! He is used to being held a lot and didn't like sitting in the back in his carseat alone!
Hank's Aunt Linda had a baby girl, Bailey, in November. She was a few months premature so Cooper and Bailey are about the same size. This is a picture of Great Grandma Gale with her granddaughter and great grandson! It was sure fun to see all of Hank's family.
On the way home, we stopped in the canyon right before Alpine to feed Cooper. As we were sitting there, I looked up on the hillside and there was a mountain goat, right there! It was so cool. We honked the horn a couple times to see if he would look at us for a picture, but he just kept munching away at the hillside! I've never seen a live one before, so it was a lot of fun to see!
I got my first real smile from him yesterday! It was so exciting!! From the day he was born, he has given us little smiles, but they were never in response to a smile and he wasn't ever looking at us (although I don't think they were from gas either!). Sometimes he would do it if we tickled his cheek. But yesterday I put my face up close to his and got his attention and smiled at him and he smiled right back! It was so precious! He smiled at me again this morning. I am going to try to get a video of it so you can all see!


No comments:
Post a Comment