Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Newport!!



We spent a week in California for Thanksgiving and it was a blast!! The weather cooperated so we had some cool days and some good warm beach days. Cooper woke up at 6:00 every morning, so Hank took the opportunity to take some pictures early one morning.


There was a fish market just down from our beach house where the pelicans liked to oversee the comings and goings of the fisherman. I think they are such crazy cool birds.






My favorite part! The donut shop just down the boardwalk is open 24 hours a day and they have delicious fresh donuts. I probably gained 10 pounds!

Cooper started crawling just in time to create a little competition for his cousin.

They both had a blast playing in the sand. Cooper took a couple face dives and ended up with sand in his mouth and he thought it was yucky, but Clayton tried out a few handfuls and thankfully came to the same conclusion. In this picture they were checking out the shells that Anne had collected on the beach.
We decided to go to Disneyland on Friday, which we discovered later was supposed to be super crowded, so only a few of us die-hards decided it was worth it, and went anyway! We rented a wheel chair for Grant because he had sprained his ankle and it worked out perfectly. We got into the rides in a fraction of the time the normal lines were taking. All in all, we had a marvelous day. Hank and I decided to leave Cooper at the beach with the fam, and I think I missed him more that day than he missed me!

2 comments:

Elysha said...

What a fun trip! I love your family picture at the beach. Cooper is growing so fast! We love you!

Abe n Linz said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Cute pictures.