This is our darling little Cooper! We had him on Friday, January 30, 2009 at 3:29 p.m. He weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz. and was 21 inches long. Everything went great with the delivery. I had a doctors appointment on the Thursday before and they did a non stress test on the baby because I thought he wasn't moving as much as he had been previously. They did an ultrasound and discovered the amniotic fluid was pretty low and he truly wasn't moving quite as much as he should have been. So, they scheduled me to be induced early Friday morning. Boy was Thursday a crazy night! It was like a mix between Christmas Eve and having to speak in front of a million people- extreme excitement and complete terror at the same time! Labor was not as bad as expected though- that might be due to the fact that I got an epidural before the pain got too bad! Being a mom is definitely the best thing in the whole world. Cooper is such a sweetie. We are all having a great time!
Cooper is still very sleepy. He likes to sleep with his mouth open. I think it's pretty cute!
This is is tiny teeny little finger. His fingers and toes are so long! He definitely has Baird feet!
After being stuck in the womb for 9 months, Cooper likes his space. He loves to stretch his legs and arms out! Some babies stay in a ball for a while, but not this little guy!
Aren't they both adorable? Hank took the week off work and it has been so wonderful to spend the time all together. He has taken such good care of us! Cooper had a high bilirubin level so he had to be on a bililight for 4 days. We took several trips to the pediatricians to have his levels checked and we wouldn't have made it without Daddy!


3 comments:
CONGRATS you guys! He is the most adorable baby! I'm glad the labor went so well with you Em! I need to remember to call you at a decent hour and bring you guys over a meal and our present for the little guy. I hope recovery is going well for you!
Oh Emily he is so cute! He looks so TINY in the picture of the three of you together. Congratulations!
What a beautiful baby! Congratulations!
Post a Comment